The Simple 30: A manifesto for living a Modern Lady Monk lifestyle for 30 days
I know. Complicated title.
What is a Modern Lady Monk?
Well I'll tell ya in 30 days, but it's my version of a modern day gal (me) who lives a modern day life (mine) with intention, focus and clarity in order to create a calm zen life for myself (monk).
Why am I doing it?
It was my therapists idea, in order to help me keep my bipolar 2 from cycling too rapidly and also to support my immune system in the face of my common variable immunodeficiency.
What is the plan?
To do the same routine each day with focused and calm intention. Like a monk. Just a modern lady monk.
Just go with it.
As my mentioned in my last post, if she's wearing soft elegant cotton or cashmere it's even better. But that's just not always reality, I'm looking at you old blue sweats with my husbands old t-shirt. Also perfectly acceptable, btw. I mean the goal isn't to be snotty.
You can switch out the L for M and Modern Man Monk if you'd like. Be my guest.
I know it's important to write out what my MLM manifesto will be for the next 30 days. First, in order to set myself up for success I need to provide clarity around my principles and intentions.
Then I can lay out a structured, precise, and thorough plan of action.
I mean plan of zen.
These are my commitments, not to be confused with yours.
You will indeed have yours tailored to your own wants, needs and strengths. Mine reflect the daily practice I believe I need in order to have a fully realized 30 days.
After consideration of this intention I have laid down my 11 tenants here.
The Modern Lady Monk Manifesto
1. I commit to my meditation practice to clear my mind of clutter, social media influences, negative thinking, or overly worry about my weight, illness, kids, dog or whatever obstacles I face each day.
2. I commit to keeping my house, car and desk clean and tidy, including drawers and good lord the garage.
3. I commit to eating and cooking a wholesome, low sugar, low carbohydrate, diet and keeping my inflammation at bay. I will eat at least 3 servings of veggies a day.
4. I commit to writing daily as my one and only medium, without the emphasis being on the expectations of my success or dwelling on the possible failure. I will write from the heart, in my own voice, without comparison to others.
5. I commit to surrounding myself with people who I gain positive, honest energy from who have my back and I have theirs. I will allow them to support and help me, take their advice without judgement and I will do more listening than talking.
6. I commit to reading, learning and researching something new each day.
7. I commit to time spent with my family free of distraction and focus on their growth alongside my own.
8. I commit to eating dinner as a family.
9. I commit to bringing myself to the work I do, whether paid or unpaid, with focus, in depth preparation, and patience in order to achieve the satisfaction I receive from this when done well.
10. I commit myself to doing one thing at a time and resist the urge to over stimulate.
Wish me luck!
Thanks for reading and I've hope I've inspired to you to think of your own Modern Lady/Man/Person Manifesto. Go at it and let me know how it goes.