Molly is a writer, composer, actress, dancer, creative entrepreneur, and producer living in Northern California.
She has written three musicals, most successful is REAL HOUSEWIVES THE MUSICAL, was commissioned by and had it's world premiere at Center Rep Theater in Walnut Creek, CA followed by a successful extended run at The Falcon Theater in Los Angeles with producer Garry Marshall and director/producer Roger Bean.
BECOMING BRITNEY, was Molly's first musical co-written by Daya Curley. Both shows are currently represented by Stage Rights in Los Angeles.
Molly has completed the book for her third musical currently called IF THE SHOE FITS: The reality of Cinderella and is currently completing the music & lyrics.
A veteran stage actress, Molly has enjoyed a long career as a union performer on stages across the country. She particularly enjoys working on early stages of musicals and has helped to create roles that have gone on to Broadway and World Premieres including Memphis, Vanities The Musical, Andrew Lippa's A Little Princess and many more.
In the corporate world Molly is the ongoing producer/director/choreographer for special events and team building at Netflix. Her work there has spun off into other directions and she has run successful events and workshops for Ebay, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Fleet Feet Corporate where she lends her creative voice to fun corporate videos, greetings, social media branding, flashmobs that create community engagement and more random, fun, odd things that we think of!
Molly created and owns Creative Habit Academy which places teachers in after school performing arts classes in the Bay Area. This will soon be called The Broadway School. She has helped to place students and professionals in the top musical theater programs across the country in both undergrad and graduate level programs including: Carnegie Mellon, NYU, Boston College, Boston Conservatory of the Performing Arts, UC Irvine, UCLA, and so many more.
Molly was the artistic director of Los Altos Youth Theater.
She has recently introduced her Studio Molly collection: Dance by Studio Molly and Sing by Studio Molly, an online creative community which will soon be offering online performing arts classes in the areas of dance and singing and creativity.
She is the producer and creator of the popular Divas For Life benefit concert and has produced over 10 shows. Currently this show is on hiatus but hopes to make an appearance in the future.
A choreographer and director Molly has her stamp on over thirty plays and musicals mostly in Northern California.
She has been a dance fitness instructor for over fifteen years having taught hip hop, jazz and broadway at Sports Club LA, Equinox NYC and Palo Alto and San Mateo, The Bay Clubs SF, Redwood City and Santa Clara, Reach Fitness in Palo Alto and currently holds her own private class at Groovitude Dance in Palo Alto on Saturday mornings at 8:15.
Molly as Charity in the award winning Sweet Charity at Center Rep Theater .
- Becoming Britney a snarky musical adventure was written in 2008, premiered at the NYC Fringe Festival for which Molly won best actress. 2010 production at Center Rep Theater in Walnut Creek for which Molly and Daya Curley (co-writer) received Bay Area Theatre Critics Circle Award, followed by a 2012 production at The Retrodome in San Jose.
- Real Housewives The Musical, was commissioned by The Diablo Regional Arts Association and Center Rep Theater in Walnut Creek in 2013 followed by a sold at run at Center Rep in which Molly starred. The show was picked up by Roger Bean Productions and published by Stage Rights Theatrical in Los Angeles. The show was then produced at The Falcon Theater in Burbank with producers Garry Marshall and Kathleen Marshall and directed by Roger Bean.
- Creative Habit Academy was founded in 2010 in order to provide quality after school performing arts classes in enrichment programs.
- Divas for Life was founded in 2002 as a benefit concert to help individuals and families who are battling cancer.
- Creative consultant for Netflix new hire programs 2010-present.
- Creative producer for 50 million customer party for Netflix and 100 million customer party debuting this summer 2017.
- Flashmob design & original song written for Ebay's Earth Day Event.
- Creative social branding and unique story telling videos for Ebay, Fleet Feet Corporate and SRI Credit Union Bank.
- Choreography and creative consultant for Voice of Harmony, all mens vocal group.
- Member of Actors Equity Union the professional stage union for actors and stage management 2000-Present.
- Member of Dramatist Guild for playwrights 2015-present.
- Group Fitness Instructor 2000-Present (AFFA, U-Jam certs and premier fitness instructor in Northern California.
- Owner of MBK Studios providing vocal, acting, and creativity coaching 1999-present.
- Launched Studio Molly Sing and Studio Molly Dance 2017.
- For a current resume of theatrical shows/choreography/direction please send Molly a message and will be provided.
If you're interested in any summer camps let me know!